Tuesday, November 15, 2016


Editorial


Trump: The Future Face of America
By: Haiyoung Choi


On November 8th, 2016, the 45th President of the United States was elected. Millions of people flocked to the polls, writing in their choices for the future leader of America. As the morning of November 9th approached, anxious crowds of people watched to see who the next president would be; the winner of the election was
Donald Trump.
As an underage citizen, I was not able to partake in voting, forced to watch helplessly from the sidelines as the fate of the country was decided. I was not content with either candidates, Clinton or Trump,  but felt rather indifferent about the turn out of the election. Although Clinton, for me, was the better choice Clinton lacks much of the qualifying qualities that I believe a president should possess; Trump, however, lacks much more. When I saw who won the election, I was not only shocked but quite disappointed. Out of all the millions of people living in America, these were the two candidates who were chosen to represent the Republicans and Democrats. These were the best both parties could do.  But, as disappointed I was with the results, I believe what is done is done, we can’t change the outcomes at all. I believe we have to make the best with what we have and we should give Trump a chance. I believe if Trump is influenced and aided by the right people, it could provide the change that many Americans seek.


No comments:

Post a Comment